Thank you for your interest in recommending a future Random Act of Music!
All suggestions will be reviewed by a committee to ensure a diverse mix of locations.
The Random Acts of Music program was established to increase community awareness of classical music and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic as people go about their daily routines. These performances are funded by a generous grant from the W. Gene Marcus Trust and are FREE to the venue and to the public.Random Acts of Music can happen in a number of places:
Random Acts of Music will be scheduled considering a mix of the following:
- Civic and office buildings
- Shopping areas
- Medical buildings
- Shift changes at plants
- Anywhere that reaches people in their everyday routine!
Please note the Random Acts of Music are only available during the following dates and times:
- Will the performance be in a highly visible and public space?
- How many people will likely pass by the location during the performance?
- How "random" is the location (in other words, how unexpected would it be for an ensemble to be there?)
- Does the location help The Phil reach a broader audience?
- Do the conditions of the venue (temperature, lighting, intermittent, or no background noise, etc.) allow listeners to comfortably experience the random act of music?
- Mid-September through mid-November and mid-January through mid-May
- Tuesday, Wednesday from 9am to 4pm and 7pm to 11pm
- Thursday, Friday from 9am to 1pm and 7pm to 11pm
- Saturday from 9am to 11pm
- Sunday from 1pm to 11pm
Random Acts of Music are not available for private events, schools, weddings, parties, etc. However, we still love playing for all of those things! Please contact The Phil's Education Department at 260.481.0770 for information on hiring Phil musicians or to learn about our extensive education programs.