Fort Wayne Philharmonic Institutional Vision
(Historically, the basic tenants of our long-term success)
- Artistic Integrity
- Individual and Collective Excellence
- Adaptability and Innovation
- Transparency and Accountability
Core Purpose (Reason we exist)
To inspire and foster a lifelong love of classical music through performance and education.
Long-Term Goals (10 - 30 Years) and Examples of Success
To be recognized as an essential regional asset.
- Championed by civic groups and community leaders
- Receive funding from local governments
- Demand for orchestra services outweighs supply
- Community leaders seek Fort Wayne Philharmonic board membership
- Participate year round in important community events
- % of community who attends or donates to the Philharmonic
To demonstrate to the community a return to long-term sustainability.
- Broad community believes this is true (letters, comments, gifts)
- Ongoing positive cash flow
- Positive unrestricted net assets
- Adequate capitalization through restricted endowment
- Increasing patron support
To achieve recognized escalation in artistic quality.
- Perform in the ideal spaces for the various program types
- Create, perform and export innovative artistic programs
- Increasingly competitive auditions
- Guest artists and composers seek out the Philharmonic for projects